US won’t allow Gaza reconstruction until Hamas disarms – Kushner

2 days ago 12

Trump’s peace envoy said Gaza would not be rebuilt if it could be “taken over by terrorists or blown up again” The US would not allow the reconstruction of Gaza until the Palestinian enclave is fully demilitarized, President Donald Trump’s peace envoy Jared Kushner said following meetings with Hamas officials and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, held a rare meeting with Hamas officials in Cairo on Sunday and spoke with Netanyahu the following day. According to the envoy, Hamas had reaffirmed its support for Trump’s peace plan and committed to “giving up their weapons.”“Time will tell whether that’s going to be implemented,” Kushner told Fox News’ Trey Yingst.“We have a plan to rebuild Gaza, but we will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt until the demilitarisation occurs,” Kushner said. “Nobody wants to put more money into a place that’s gone on for so long if it’s just going to be taken over by terrorists or blown up again,” he added.Kushner said the US was “not going to restrict Israel’s right to defend itself if there are any imminent threats.” Netanyahu rejected Trump’s 15-point plan, saying last week that the Israeli army would not withdraw from ...

Read Entire Article






<