UK refuses to invite Israeli government officials to London arms fair over the war in Gaza

15 hours ago 1

By Staff The Associated Press

Posted August 30, 2025 2:20 pm

1 min read

 Israelis slam UK, Canada and France for demanding end to Gaza offensive'

3:17 ‘Hypocrites’: Israelis slam UK, Canada and France for demanding end to Gaza offensive

WATCH: Threats posed by the leaders of Britain, Canada and France to impose "concrete actions" against Israel on Monday led to some divided opinions from Israeli citizens – May 20, 2025

The U.K. has barred Israeli government officials from attending the country’s biggest arms fair over growing concern about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

The decision does not cover representatives of Israeli defense contractors, who will be allowed to attend the DSEI UK exhibition, scheduled for Sept. 9-12 in London. The event was formerly known as Defense and Security Equipment International.

“The Israeli Government’s decision to further escalate its military operation in Gaza is wrong,” the British government said in a statement. “As a result, we can confirm that no Israeli government delegation will be invited to attend DSEI UK 2025.”

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Get daily National news

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

The decision comes after Prime Minister Keir Starmer in July announced plans to recognize a Palestinian state unless Israel takes steps to end the crisis in Gaza, agrees to a ceasefire with Hamas and commits to a long-term peace agreement. Britain previously barred sales to Israel of any arms that could be used in the nearly 23-month war in Gaza.

Trending Now

Story continues below advertisement

Israel’s Defense Ministry said the decision was based on politics and “serves extremists.”

“These restrictions amount to a deliberate and regrettable act of discrimination against Israel’s representatives,” the ministry said.

The Israeli ministry said it would withdraw from the exhibition and will not establish a national pavilion.

Pro-Palestinian and anti-war groups have announced plans to for protests during DSEI, which will take place at the Excel center in east London.

&copy 2025 The Canadian Press

Read Entire Article






<