Iran denies launching missiles at the UAE, suggesting the incident was a ‘false flag operation’.The United Arab Emirates has imposed an indefinite trade embargo on Iran after accusing Iranian forces of firing two ballistic missiles at the country, an allegation Tehran denies.In a statement early on Wednesday, the UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the decision was made in “light of escalations that undermine peace and security in the region”.Recommended Stories list of 3 itemslist 1 of 3Iran prepares to keep economy alive as US threatens further sanctionslist 2 of 3Trump says no talks planned with Iran amid anger over Iran-Oman Hormuz deallist 3 of 3UAE accuses Iran of attacks on two ADNOC vessels in Strait of Hormuzend of list“All trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran have been halted until further notice,” it added.The statement came after the UAE’s Ministry of Defence said its air defences detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran, with one falling outside the country’s territorial waters and the other landing within them.In a follow-up statement, the ministry said the missiles had been “targeting maritime traffic” and promised to “resolut...

1 day ago
6








English (US) ·