Trump says no Iran talks planned, insists Strait of Hormuz remains open

2 days ago 10

US President Donald Trump said Tuesday the US has no talks planned with Iran but insisted the Strait of Hormuz remains “open and operating,” despite limited traffic and a reported strike on a ship exiting the waterway. Earlier this week, Trump also threatened to bomb Oman as the country sought a deal with Iran to manage shipping traffic through the strait, two regional officials said Tuesday, a day after Trump reportedly leveled the threat if Oman "gets in the way.” Iran says the waterway will not be reopened until the US meets its conditions. As talks between Iran and Oman continue, a projectile hit a ship in the strait and Iran-backed Houthi rebels claimed they fired drones at an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia. As Oman and Iran say they are nearing a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, Trump said on social media Tuesday that the US blockade of Iranian ports remains “in full force and effect,” but asserted that all water mines have been removed and that other marine traffic was free to pass. Read moreIran offers $30,000 bounty for killing or capturing US soldiers Trump posted a map depicting the strait as US territory. Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi appeared to r...

Read Entire Article






<