Trump confirms plane switch after Secret Service warned of Iran threat

1 week ago 14

Donald Trump has confirmed reports he secretly left Turkey through a catering container to a military jet over a threat from Iran.The US president insisted he was following advice from the Secret Service and military when departing from last month's NATO summit in Ankara, saying "they wanted me to go on a different flight, different plane". He added: "I just have to do what they say."Mr Trump said the plane he left Turkey on was "at greater risk", telling reporters: "I ​think it was at ​greater risk because ​that would be the plane ⁠I think that they would be ⁠more likely to ​go for."It comes after senior American officials had earlier told the New York Times and Washington Post that despite the US president's public claims that he returned from the event via Air Force One, he was moved for security reasons. From July: Trump arrives in Turkey on new Air Force One Addressing the reported threat from Tehran, Mr Trump said on Tuesday: "I have a lot of threats that you don't know about."Any consequential presidents have a lot of threats. Non-consequential presidents don't get threatened. And I think that I may be the most consequential president." On Tuesday, NBC News, Sky's US partner...

Read Entire Article






<