The US president said the outlines of a deal had been agreed that could reopen the Strait of Hormuz and end what he called Iran’s nuclear threat US President Donald Trump has canceled a planned attack on Iran after saying the outlines of an agreement had been reached that could reopen the Strait of Hormuz and address what he described as Tehran’s “nuclear threat.”CBS News reported that the US and Israel had been preparing a major bombing campaign against the Islamic Republic’s energy infrastructure that could begin as early as the weekend. The network said the proposed operation, which it described as potentially one of the harshest campaigns against Iran to date, was expected to target power plants and oil refineries, while military officials also reportedly discussed cutting electricity across Tehran.In a post on Truth Social on Saturday, Trump wrote that despite the US being “locked and loaded” to strike Iran at “levels of Military Terror, Strength, and Power not seen since World War II,” he had agreed to requests from Tehran and Middle Eastern nations to hold off on the attack because the “parameters” of a deal had been agreed upon.Trump said the proposed agreement would includ...
Trump cancels planned attack on Iran
2 weeks ago
36
Related
Tips
click
Popular
© Clint's World News 2026. All rights are reserved









English (US) ·