Spain and fellow EU nations moved to bury the hatchet Tuesday after a mass influx of migrants into the North African enclave of Ceuta laid bare fault lines on migration within the 27-nation bloc. Addressing reporters following three hours of talks with the bloc's interior ministers, EU migration chief Magnus Brunner said the crisis had "tested" Europe's border security, its "resilience to disinformation" and "solidarity" among member states. "Europe, I think, has definitely passed this test," said the commissioner. "It was a crisis, but now fortunately, it has been resolved." Spain moved swiftly to send migrants back from Ceuta, confirming Tuesday that of 72,000 people who entered the enclave from Morocco last week, all but 2,000 have returned. To display this content from YouTube, you must enable advertisement tracking and audience measurement. One of your browser extensions seems to be blocking the video player from loading. To watch this content, you may need to disable it on this site. Cover image: Moroccan families desperately look for their loved ones who swam to Ceuta © Agencies 01:21 But the sight of tens of thousands of people streaming into Ceuta – with dozens dying in th...









English (US) ·