Palestinian-American citizen raises US flag over besieged West Bank home

1 day ago 4

A Palestinian American whose home in the occupied West Bank has been besieged for more than a week confronted Israeli settlers on his property Tuesday and demanded Israeli forces remove them from the area. Read moreWest Bank village of Qusra under siege by extremist Israeli settlers Louai Abu Ridi, who owns one of three houses in Qusra, near Nablus in the occupied West Bank, flew back from his adopted home of Ohio on Monday after settlers trapped residents inside and refused to let in food or other supplies for more than a week. He was flying the Stars and Stripes outside his home on Tuesday and said he has asked the US embassy to keep raising his case. US-Palestinian dual citizen Louai Abu Ridi (C), whose home in the occupied West Bank village of Qusra is besieged by Israeli settlers, shares an evening meal with family members at the home in Qusra. © Ilia Yefimovich, AFP "It's my message to all Americans in the United States to see what's going on here in the West Bank, how the settlers put us under siege trying to take my own house in the West Bank," Abu Ridi told AFP reporters inside his home. Under US pressure, the Israeli military said last week it had given orders to remove t...

Read Entire Article






<