Israel orders criminal probe into killing of 5-year-old Hind Rajab in Gaza

1 day ago 7

The Israeli military has ordered a criminal investigation into the killing by its forces of 5-year-old Hind Rajab, a Palestinian girl whose death in Gaza sparked international outrage after a recording of her final, heart-wrenching moments speaking to paramedics was heard around the world. In a statement Wednesday, the Israel Defense Forces acknowledged for the first time that troops opened fire on the vehicle carrying Rajab's family in January 2024, having previously said no forces were in the area at the time."Following review of the findings and due to alleged failures in the coordination of the movement of the Palestine Red Crescent ambulance, it has been decided to initiate a criminal investigation of the incident," the IDF said. Hind Rajab is shown in this photo shared by the Palestinian Red Crescent. Palestinian Red Crescent The military said it was also ordering a criminal investigation into the March 2025 killing of 15 Gazans, including rescue workers.The investigations will be conducted by Israeli military police. Rajab, whose story was made into the award-winning 2025 docudrama "The Voice of Hind Rajab," was in a car with six family members when it came under Israeli fir...

Read Entire Article






<