Iran signals readiness for ‘US ground operations’ as MoU expires

3 days ago 16

Tehran, Iran – Iranian authorities have signalled they could shift to a more offensive approach to the war with the United States as a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Washington expires.Brigadier General Yadollah Javani, head of the political bureau of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), told state television on Sunday night that his forces were ready to take whatever action is needed to defend the country.Recommended Stories list of 4 itemslist 1 of 4A US territory? Trump unveils proposal to control Strait of Hormuzlist 2 of 4Did the US really destroy Iran’s ballistic missile capability?list 3 of 4Iran says no decision yet on a return to talks with the USlist 4 of 4US aircraft carrier expected to relieve USS Lincoln in Middle Eastend of listTensions between Iran and the US over control of the Strait of Hormuz have continued to rise despite a ceasefire being agreed between them in June. While the MoU effectively collapsed after fighting restarted last month, the agreement officially expires on Monday.“The enemy started the war and our efforts have been defensive, although they might take on an offensive aspect,” said Javani.He did not elaborate on what exactly the ...

Read Entire Article






<