Kevin Lamour had publicly criticised Infantino proposal last month, saying FIFA staff had been ‘deceived’ over the plan.Published On 18 Aug 202618 Aug 2026FIFA has announced that chief operating officer Kevin Lamour has left the organisation, weeks after he publicly criticised Gianni Infantino’s plan to sell a stake in the commercial rights of the World Cup and other tournaments.“FIFA can confirm that the working relationship between FIFA and Kevin Lamour as FIFA’s Chief Operating Officer has ended on 17 August 2026,” a FIFA spokesperson said late on Monday.Recommended Stories list of 4 itemslist 1 of 4NBA: Jeanie Buss ‘contesting’ family’s plan to sell Lakers to Kushner, Igerlist 2 of 4Barcelona reaches deal with Man City to sign Spain skipper Rodrilist 3 of 4‘Probably my last year’: Ronaldo says this could be his final seasonlist 4 of 4MLS: Lionel Messi misses penalty again as Nashville thrash Inter Miami 4-1end of list“FIFA thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future. No further comment will be made on the matter.”Lamour joined the senior leadership group of football’s global governing body in November 2024, having previously been ...

2 days ago
7







English (US) ·