DR Congo to receive 70,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine as Ebola infections surge

1 hour ago 5

WHO says vaccines for Ebola virus disease being allocated to DRC amid largest outbreak that has killed nearly 2,500.By Anadolu, AP and ReutersPublished On 20 Aug 202620 Aug 2026As the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) struggles to manage its largest outbreak of the Ebola virus, it is set to receive 70,000 doses of the Ervebo vaccine which has been effective in previous epidemics.The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday that the doses have been allocated from the global Ebola virus disease vaccine stockpile and would include 20,000 shots to be used in a late-stage trial ‌‌to understand the impact of the vaccine on the Bundibugyo virus.Recommended Stories list of 4 itemslist 1 of 4Why is the latest Ebola outbreak worsening?list 2 of 4WHO: Ebola can be contained in months if enough funding is providedlist 3 of 4DR Congo’s Ebola outbreak ‘global emergency’ as infections pass 5,000: WHOlist 4 of 4How Ebola became the deadliest outbreak in DR Congo’s historyend of listBundibugyo is responsible for the current outbreak, which has so far killed 2,476 people out of the 5,208 confirmed cases.The Ervebo vaccine is licensed for use against the Ebola virus – one of the viruses ...

Read Entire Article






<