The man was rushed to the hospital after his family became concerned.

By Charlie Bradley, Assistant Features Editor, Kris Boratyn, Audience Writer

13:07, Sat, Aug 30, 2025 Updated: 13:57, Sat, Aug 30, 2025

Hong Kong Disneyland Celebrates Its 20th Anniversary

Hong Kong Disneyland (Image: Getty)

A tourist has died after he fell unconscious on a ride at Disneyland in Hong Kong. The 53-year-old tourist, originally from the Philippines, was on the Frozen Ever After ride with his wife when he suddenly lost consciousness. She noticed something was wrong during the slow-moving boat ride and alerted staff as soon as the attraction returned to the dock.

First-aid responders boarded the ride and carried out CPR in front of other guests before the man was rushed to hospital. He was later pronounced dead. The incident happened on Friday morning at the resort’s World of Frozen attraction, which only opened to the public in November 2023.

Enchanting landscape at Disneyland Hong Kong Frozen Adventure captures magical moments of fantasy

The incident happened on Friday morning at the resort’s World of Frozen attraction. (Image: Getty)

Police said they were first alerted to the emergency at 10:18am local time. A report was filed, and early investigations found the man had pre-existing health issues.

His wife told officers that he had been receiving treatment for heart disease and high blood pressure for over a decade.

A spokesperson for the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort said: “The resort deeply regrets the passing of the guest and will do its utmost to provide necessary assistance to his family.”

They added: “The initial investigation has shown the incident is not related to ride safety.”

The Frozen Ever After ride is one of the park’s newest attractions and recreates scenes from the popular Disney film. It’s described as a gentle water ride designed for all ages.

Hong Kong Disneyland

Hong Kong Disneyland is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the region. (Image: Getty)

There were no reports of technical problems on the ride at the time of the incident.

The Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong confirmed the man’s death and said it was working with local authorities to support his family.

“The Consulate General is coordinating with the relevant authorities to assist the family of the deceased,” a spokesperson said.

Hong Kong Disneyland is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the region, welcoming millions of guests each year. 

It is operated by Hong Kong International Theme Parks, a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the local government.

Invalid email

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy