Thousands of people have died since 2014 trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea and reach Europe.Published On 22 Aug 202622 Aug 2026At least 13 Tunisians are missing after a boat carrying migrants sank off the Tunisian coast while sailing towards Italy, according to a migrant rights group.Two people were rescued from the boat, which set off early on Thursday, Mostafa Abdelkebir, the head of the Tunisian Observatory for Human Rights, said on Saturday.Recommended Stories list of 3 itemslist 1 of 3Peru rescues people trapped by landslides on highway for nearly a weeklist 2 of 3Antigovernment protesters take to Tunisia’s streets for second monthlist 3 of 3How a social media campaign triggered huge migrant surge on Ceutaend of listOne of the two survivors told rescuers on board a local boat that they had been stranded at sea for hours after their vessel capsized. The second survivor was in critical condition, said Abdelkebir, whose group monitors migration issues.Tunisia was once a major departure point for migrants attempting to reach Europe, but the number of people attempting the crossing from Tunisia has declined sharply in the last two years amid a crackdown and tighter maritime con...

1 hour ago
7







English (US) ·