Aid workers faced record number of attacks in 2025, UN says

1 day ago 5

Gaza remains the deadliest place for humanitarian workers for third consecutive year, with 186 killed in 2025.Published On 19 Aug 202619 Aug 2026A record number of aid workers faced violent attacks last year, partly driven by the increased use of armed drones, the United Nations humanitarian office has said.According to an Aid Worker Security Database, a platform that compiles major incidents affecting humanitarian workers, 907 aid workers were killed, injured or kidnapped in 2025 alone.Recommended Stories list of 3 itemslist 1 of 3Red Cross urges international aid as Sudan crisis deepenslist 2 of 3Disarmament, humanitarian aid at centre of new Gaza ‘working groups’list 3 of 3Eight countries denounce Israeli violations, attacks on healthcare in Gazaend of listOf those, 350 were killed, down slightly from a record 387 in 2024.UN ‌Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called the level of violence “appalling” and urged states to respect the rules of war and hold perpetrators accountable.“Serving others has become more dangerous than ever,” he said in a statement on Wednesday.UN aid chief Tom Fletcher said the proliferation ⁠of cheap and adaptable armed drones in conflicts has ⁠increased ...

Read Entire Article






<